Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The regular cycle...

Although my sonshine overall is doing amazingly well in school this year...he is beginning to 'cycle'. What that means is the novelty of school has worn off and the missing assignments have begun. So have his bestworst attempts at lying. Aspie's don't lie well, if at all.

It all started when he told me that he hates his resource teacher, which translates into...she keeps after me to do that darn work and won't let me get away with not doing it... Being the somewhat 'know my son pretty well mama' I said to him..."Sounds like your teacher is holding you accountable...that's when you usually start disliking them." No, that's not it...he assured me...she's just mean and I don't like her! So I treked my way to parent teacher conferences and stopped in to see the mean mean resource teacher. I began, "My son tells me he dislikes you...which translates to me that you are holding him accountable and making him do his work...is that the case?" "Why yes it is...yes it is actually." AHA!! Just as I suspected...(add a little Get Smart music here for atmosphere)

I headed home to assure my son that this teacher along with his mama have his best interests at heart and he really needs to suck it up and get his work done. He was less than pleased but accepting. Can't ask for more than that...

No comments: