Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Driver's Ed and other adventures...

The boy started driver's ed. It was quite quite quite stressful for the mama. The boy is quite quite quite enjoying it. I was especially concerned since when I asked the instructor if he had taught students with autism before his reponse was...I think so. What? You think so?!? You'd know so! So I dropped him off with a lot of worries. He walked up the sidewalk saying...I'm not really sure I need to drive, you could just take me where I need to go and we could just go back home. I put on my bravest face and encouraged him to not talk...and be a good listener. Much to my delight...he's really enjoying himself. He likes his instructor and the kids in the class...and he passed his test for his permit! I just have to find a few minutes to take him to the DMV to pick it up!

No comments: