Friday, June 26, 2009

Non stop Aspie Chatter...

My son attends a group for Aspie teens...mostly boys of course...and a whole lot of chatter. Aspie's lack theory of mind you know...meaning...they don't really understand what you think, nor do most of them care. This is the true situation in particular for two boys in my son's group. One of these boys is my son...last week, these two were chatting endlessly...so much so that one of the other boys asked how I tolerated it. I told him that I carry earplugs with me at all times, and that makes it better. Anyway...we sometime have NT (neurotypical) kids come in to give the other kids some experience with boy/girl relationships. So...as group was going on I was explaining how conversations have a bit of give and take...especially when trying to interest someone of the opposite sex: You talk and you listen...and you talk and you listen...while I was explaining this...my son talked nonstop :) I explained how when you talk to someone on facebook, you post, then you wait for a response, then you post and you wait, etc. etc...really, I got nothin but blank stares...back to the drawing board on that one!

No comments: